Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First post

OK, folks. This is the beginning.

I am an avid Tigers fan and this will be my first season watching nightly in HD. I bought a 50" Visio HDTV in late November after my wife and I moved into our new house. I love the TV, and love watching almost anything in HD. I think the HD difference is more evident with sporting events, but even normal programming is better.

I purchased tickets to 6 Tigers games this past Saturday morning at 10am when they went on sale. First game of the year I will be attending is April 13, 2009. Can't wait!


My lineup:

Granderson
Polanco
Mags
Cabrera
Guillen
Sheffield
Laird
Inge
Everett

PH: Thames

Rotation:

Verlander
Galarraga
Bonderman
Jackson

#5 starter is up in the air. Willis? Robertson? Porcello?

I think Porcello is a long shot, even though he pitched well the other day. I'll bet he starts the year in AAA or AA. If anybody falters, he'll be with the team before the weather breaks.

The season hinges on the rotation and the bullpen. If Zumaya is healthy and effective, it will make a huge difference. Also, if the closer role is in good hands with Lyon. These are the big question marks. #5 starter is important, but the rotation and the pen will make the difference. The offense will score tons of runs and the defense will be solid.

27 days until the opener in Toronto. 31 days until the home opener!

No comments:

Post a Comment