Saturday, September 5, 2009

Game 135: Record 74-61

Wow. 13 games over .500.

Nice win for the boys on the road, espcially considering Armando did not pitch well and the Tigers trailed 4-1 and 6-3.

Biggest note of the game for me was the appearance of Jeremy Bonderman. He pitched in relief and looked outstanding - retiring 5 of 6 batters faced and giving up no runs. Very impressive and extremely exciting to see.

A few big hits in this game, but I'd have to say the biggest were by Alex Avila and Marcus Thames. A clean, 1-2-3, ninth inning was pitched by Brandon Lyon as Fernando Rodney needed a night off after throwing about a thousand pitches last night.

OK, the last two nights have had a few really nice plays and clutch hits by one Mr Adam Everett. I have to admit the huge hit by AE last showed me something good about the guy I have not been won over by him. When he made that nice defensive play in the 8th inning, I was very happy. Carlos would not have made the catch if AE hadn't.

Lets get the sweep tomorrow!!! EJ pitches against his former team. He is likely to be a little over-pumped up, but hopefully he settles down quickly and pitches well.

No comments:

Post a Comment