Friday, May 15, 2009

Games 31-33: Record 17-16

Swept away in the dome.

I hate the Metrodome. I hate everything about it. I hate watching games played there, I hate the supid hops in the infield, I hate the singles up the middle that would be a routine out at a normal stadium. I hate the fact that 1987 Twins won the World Series without winning a single playoff game away from that place.

I also hate the fact that the Tigers get owned in that place. Ever since Jeremy Bonderman had that horrible brain fart and baulk in 2006, it seems that nothing goes good for them there.

JV was outstanding in the last game in the series. Again. But the bullpen couldn't hold the lead. He left the game after 6 1/3 innings with a 5-0 lead. He had given up only 5 hits and 3 walks, he had 13 strikeouts ... but had thrown a whopping 122 pitches. He is a great, great pitcher. He clearly has his mechanics in order and looks dominate at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment