Sunday, April 19, 2009

Zoom and C-Mo

Joel Zumaya pitched for the Mud Hens on Saturday and by the accounts that I've read, did well. His line: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO.

Only one strikeout concerns me because that makes me wonder how hard he was throwing. But, he only gave up 2 hits and didn't let anybody score, so that is pretty positive. Also..no walks!!! Gotta love that. Lets hope he has another 1 or 2 successful outings down on the farm and then joins the Tigers soon.

Interesting note from the Pirates - Braves game yesterday. One of our 2006 hero's, Craig Monroe, had a huge day and I am very happy for him. He got the start in RF, hit two HR and drove in 6. Nice job, Craig. Keep it going young man!

I'll always remember Rod Allen after a number of Craig's late inning heroics in 2006 saying "Craig did it again"...."he did it again"!!! Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment